Skip to main content

In my own template, I need to edit the current PDF form. I select Edit. In the Add Documents section, I select the Download Document for my form. Once I open the downloaded form and select Edit, I receive an error message stating "This document has been signed and can not be edited.” How can I download an unsigned form so that I can edit my form?  

@AGRAHAM I have run into this in the past with documents that I associated to a Template and then needed to download later.  The only way I have been able to remove that message is to use Adobe Acrobat or other product to open the file, export to a Postscript and then reimport or create a new PDF based on that PostScript file. I think I have more exact steps if needed.  

@AGRAHAM - It sounds like you're encountering a common issue where PDF forms that have been signed are locked to prevent further editing. This is a security feature to maintain the integrity of the document after it has been signed. To edit your template, you'll need to access an unsigned version of the document.

Thank you! Export to Postscript worked. I appreciate everyone’s assistance.