Skip to main content
My Customer & I have received 2 emails each saying their DocuSign document has been voided. The document it refers to was actually signed and completed 1 month ago. How do I get these email notifications to stop?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

Void Email Notifications that are sent to Recipients of the envelope cannot be suppressed by the Sender, Account Administrator nor DocuSign Support.

To confirm, do you have Document retention enabled in the account?

More information at Notifications for voided envelopes

https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/Document-Retention-Envelope-Purge-What-you-should-know-before-using-these-features

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

How do I see my document retention setting? My question is if the document was actually signed by all recipients, why did a "void" email get sent?

Thank you

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience, you will need to be an account admin to view the document retention policy in the settings tab, if the document was set to under that policy the recipients will receive a similar message to the void notification, on the other hand, there is also the possibility that the recipient has multiple documents that are pending to sign form either you or another sender and they are mixing up the notifications.

Does your account show any pending envelope that was sent to the affected recipients?

Was the envelope completed using DocuSign?

Best regards,

There are no documents pending. They were all signed. I'm not sure if I am the administer for this account. Where is the settings menu? Thanks again.

Hello,

It should be next to the Reports Tab, if you do not see that means that you do not have admin rights on the account.

Best regards,

That explains a lot. Thanks again for your help.

Hello,

Best regards,