Skip to main content

If a mobile number is in a recipients contact, how do you get it to automatically populate in an envelope when you select the recipient and use DS EU Advanced and select SMS?  I have to type the phone number in every time which is quite inconvenient.  Thank you.

Hi @mrutter,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that you are required to manually add your recipient’s phone number, but I will share more details on the topic.

There is no way to workaround this behavior. Nevertheless, feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always welcome. I encourage you to consider submitting your idea to be reviewed by our development team for possible implementation. If you’re a DocuSign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request through a support case, or by reaching out to your Account Team. We invite you to share your product suggestions and feature requests on our dedicated ideas page (https://community.docusign.com/ideas), where we can collaborate to shape the future of our product together.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,  

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!  

Hi @mrutter,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Hello,

I was wondering if there have been any moves to update this feature? If I am adding a mobile number to SMS an envelope to someone, why is it that only the name and email address are automatically saved to ‘contacts’? Surely it’s not a big change on the back end that would save a HUGE amount of time for your clients so we’re not having to manually enter a mobile number each time, or not having to go into contacts to manually add a phone number to a contact when their other details are saved automatically.

Thanks,

Tesha

Hi @TeshaLou,

Thank you for following up.

I agree that this a feature that would help save effort when sending envelopes that include a SMS Authentication process.

At this moment we don’t have an open Enhancement Request for this feature. Even though you are always welcome to share your ideas in our Ideas Community Page (https://community.docusign.com/ideas), I would recommend escalating this request either through your Account Team or a new support case, so it can be filed as an Enhancement Request ticket to our Engineering team, as this will allow you to better express the urgency to get this implemented.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Thanks, Alejandro.

I’ve done as you said and sent an Enhancement Request so someone on our DocuSign accounts team.

Hi @TeshaLou,

I appreciate you taking the time of directing your feedback to our engineering team. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

As always, don't hesitate to let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will lend a hand as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!