Skip to main content

Is there a way to automate medical consent forms.  Recently I have had to fill out and sign forms for my minor children for religious & civic organizations.  The forms have many check boxes and signature lines as well as text fields.  Both organizations sent them in PDF with the intent of parents printing them, manually filling them out, & returning them in person.  Returning them required standing in long lines while  volunteers visually checked them and verified they were properly filled & signed.  Then all the forms were gathered and put into a box and taken on the trips with the groups to various activities.  As a parent it is a little disconcerting that my child's medical info is on a piece of paper reviewed by volunteers and in a box somewhere.  

My question is:   Is there some way to collect and automate that info on DocuSign?  Is there a way that DocuSign forms can populate a database which could be later linked to some sort of QR code on a bracelet so that the relevant info can be retrieved by an authorized adult in case of injury?  Does anyone know of a product like this?

Hello @BenZeller ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you. Depending on the account plan you can use Web Forms or PowerForms, where you can set up a link for parents to fill in the information, you can set up a reviewer to confirm that all the information is accurate and complete the form, after that, you can export that information into a CSV file.

In regards to reviewing the information via a QR code, you will need to review other options outside Docusign, however,  any feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always welcome. 

We invite you to share your product suggestions and feature requests on our dedicated ideas page (https://community.docusign.com/ideas), where we can collaborate to shape the future of our product together.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.