Skip to main content

Hi everyone, 

We have Salesforce/Docusign integration, we have set up a new envelope template via DocuSign Apps Launcher, and configured some fields in the document as collaborative fields. While we tested this envelope, we noticed the "Markup History" at the bottom of the completed email sent to all parties who have completed the document. It is believed that this will confuse the users who participated in the signing process, Does anyone know if this is a normal behavior when collaboration is enabled for some fields on the document? I did search in the following articles but didn’t find any helpful info about this behavior, adding markup history in the completed email sent to the users: 

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&rsc_301&bundleId=gbo1643332197980&topicId=lsv1579552570897.html&_LANG=enus

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=gbo1643332197980&topicId=jbm1578456355892.html&_LANG=enus

Thanks. 

Hi @aalamour1981,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.  
You can remove the markup history comments from the envelope completion email notification by editing your account’s Email Resource File. The notification you are looking for is “Recipient Envelope Complete”, more details on how to customize your envelope completion email notification’s body can be found in page 92 of the guide provided below:

DocuSign Email Resource File Guide
You may also refer to this old post where the steps on how to accomplish your goal are explained in detail:

Is it Possible to Remove Markup history on Completed Email?

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

@Alejandro.Ramos 

Hello Alejandro

Thanks for replying to my post and providing the solution to my concern. Just one question, removing the markup history in this way, editing my account’s Email Resource File, could be made only for specific only for groups of envelopes templates? I am asking because we are org where the DocuSign account is used by many departments and we would like to remove this info only for the envelopes setup/sent via Salesforce. So the other departments that use Docusign and don’t use Salesforce still have this feature.   Do you have any suggestions, please? 

Hi @aalamour1981,

Thank you for following up.

If your account has access to having multiple brands, you can define your template’s brand in it’s Advanced Settings. As well as assign it to a User Group, if needed. More information on this topic, can be found, here:

Set Advanced Options for an Envelope or Template
Assign Brands to Groups

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!