Skip to main content

I am stunned at the lack of functionality of DocuSign. I obviously did not kick the tires enough before I purchased a plan. I made a template, made a Powerform, tested the power form and thought, "Great!" Now I am trying to manage the forms and the interface is one disappointment after the next.

I am with a soccer club. I need the same forms signed by 700 players. I want to use PowerForm and post the link to our website.

Problem 1: I cannot add any fields to identify the user. Name and email only. I want users to be able to enter parent name, player name, team, email. This basic function is not an option.

Problem 2: Since I have no identifying information, I will need to look at each individual parent name, look up their child, look up what team they are on, move that form to that folder.

Problem 3: No bulk download. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I will open 700 forms and download them individually? One of our forms is a medical release that needs to be present at each game. The point of using DocuSign was to have that stored and printable. I found a workaround in one of these forums that involves forwarding to a Gmail land auto downloads to a drive. Ridiculous that I need to set something up like this and I don't even know if it will work.

What I see as my options

1. Create 40 versions of the same form and name it according to the team. When the forms come in I will be able to see the team name, multi-select and place them into a folder. This will involve 40 links on our website with the hope that all the parents will click the correct team (they will not).

2. Leave as is and look up each player and move them to a folder - 700 times.

3. Abandon PowerForms (the reason I paid extra) and figure out a bulk mailing - can I organize those returns?

Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated. The basic question is - how can I best manage the signed forms? Best to take time ahead with the setup or time moving after they are signed? Or abandon PowerForms and do a bulk mailing by team?

The person who opens the PowerForm fills out the name and email on the first screen, but there's an opportunity to fill out other information in the PowerForm.  In your template, have you added tags for the recipient?  You can add text boxes for parent name, player name, team, and email in the template and the signer can fill them out when signing the PowerForm.

On the MANAGE tab, if you click on the PowerForms folder in the left sidebar, a DOWNLOAD button should appear next to PowerForms that have received responses. If you click on DOWNLOAD, you should be able to download all responses in bulk.

I didn't realize it the first time I read your post, but it sounds like you want to download the documents in bulk, not the responses.  There is a tool called DocuSign Retrieve that is supposed to help with that, though I don't have any experience with it to say whether it will meet your needs.

Thank you. However, I have multiple fields to fill out in the form itself. What I need is fields to fill before accessing the form that will show in my list of completed forms.

Example: Click on link to PowerForm, brought to pre-screen, fill in Name - Team - Email, brought to form. When the form is complete I am able to access those pre-screen fields. This is not a function of Docusign, I can get the Name/Email only.

I am aware of Retrieve and will contact Sales on Monday to see the cost. Considering our Non-profit was wary to even spend the Docusign subscription price, I am unlikely to be able to pay for an add-on that gives me a Basic Function everyone wants.

Is there easier management of signed forms without Retrieve? Does anyone use Bulk sending of a form and are you able to easily sort the returned forms?

I had received some documentation from our Account Manager a little while back, "Powerforms Email subject Merge Fields" but I haven't tried it yet:

If not too late, maybe you can try this.

This feature provides the ability for PowerForm administrators to insert recipient name and email address merge fields into the email subject line for a PowerForm.

After a PowerForm signer enters their name and email information on the pre-signing dialog for a PowerForm with the merge fields, the signer information is automatically merged into the appropriate fields in the email subject line.

For cases where the pre-signing dialog is bypassed (the template used has First Name, Last Name and Email Address tags or the Full Name and Email Address tags for the first signer in routing order), the information is merged after the signer completes signing the PowerForm.

Both PowerForm senders and signers will see the signer information in the email subject line for any emails associated with the PowerForm. For PowerForm senders, this provides an easy way to track and to organize their PowerForm emails by only checking the subject line.

Note:  If merging the recipient information into the subject line causes the subject line to exceed 100 characters, then any characters over the 100 character limit are not included in the subject line. For cases where the signer name or email is expected to be long, you should consider placing the merge field at the start of the email subject.