Skip to main content

Is there any functionality within DocuSign E-Signature to provide a link or attachment to a file type (specifically .xlsx) other than a PDF? I don’t need a signature put into the .xlsx, but I want that file to be able to be referenced in its original format without it being converted to a PDF. Does anyone know how I can go about this?

@CTCarson 

If the file can be on a link available on the cloud you can add it to a document in DocuSign as a document custom field.   You can follow this instructions here.   How do I create a hyperlink in a Docusign document?  Ignore the comment about Supplemental documents and follow the instructions to Create a hyperlink custom field using #HREF Text field.

Hi John,

I actually need it to be a link to a unique location each time depending on what is being requested.

It honestly doesn’t even need to be a link, but I need copy/paste-able text that can direct a user to the local drive to find the file. I’m not sure how to go about this.

@CTCarson 

How many different requesting options are there?   Could you explore a dropdown with all your options and the #HREF Text field using a condition that will present on the document the selected option from the dropdown?  Can you show an example of what you mean? 

Hi @CTCarson,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.