Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a user completing a power form that include KBA authentication. He completed the data part for the KBA, received one question, that he did answer correctly and was immediately given the following error message in the image below: We’ve notified the sender.

I have checked all folders, including the Authentication failed folder and his is not in the folder. In theory as he was only asked 1 question, he could not have failed.

Has anyone had this happen before? If so how did you resolve? Do you know if you were charged the KBA authentication fee for this failed document.

I appreciate your help. 

Hi @mickey,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that your signer has not been able to verify their identity due to this error, but I will assist you in solving the issue.

The most common root cause behind this error is when the recipient’s name does not match their ID.

It is important to note that this includes differences such as middle names, initials, special characters, case sensitivity, etc…

This can be updated within the account’s ID Verification workflow, available to DocuSign Support on the account’s back end.

For detailed descriptions of each option available to administrators for this parameter, see:

ID Name Matching

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue