Skip to main content

Hello All,
The lawyers of the company must conduct a verification of incoming documents from the client before they are signed by business users. However, the lawyers cannot open these documents because they are not sent to them, but to those who have collaborated with the client. When attempting to open a document for verification from the notification email, the lawyer receives the following authentication error: "The login information provided does not match the account for this envelope. Please try again and login with the same email address where you received this envelope."

Please advise me if you have any ideas on how a user-lawyer, without being the ultimate recipient of the documents, can open and verify them before they are signed by the business user?
Thank you in advance!

Hello @sshelkoshvein ,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that some of the recipients are not able to sign the documents you send them, I understand they are getting an error.

Are they using Single Sign On (SSO)?

In general, when a recipient sees that error it is usually related to browser cookies and caching. The user can try this:

1. Find the email notification and copy the link
  2. Then open an incognito browser window (just 1, they shouldn't be logged in to DS in any other incognito windows).
  3. From incognito they will be forced to re-auth (either with SSO or Login)

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you for your help, Nathaly, will be in touch with you!

Hello @sshelkoshvein ,

Thank you for reaching back.

While reviewing your post, I found something that slipped past me the first time.

You mention “the lawyers cannot open these documents because they are not sent to them”, does this mean they are not part of the signing order of the document or that they are but are not getting any email notifications?

If they are not part of the signing order, are the documents being forwarded to them? If so, that would explain the error as well, authentication errors occurs when there is a mismatch between the account being used to log in and the account a notification was addressed to. Most commonly, this happens when a DocuSign notification is forwarded to another party. DocuSign notifications are not intended to be forwarded. If this is a completed document to be passed on to others, a recipient of that envelope will need to download the signed PDF and provide that instead. If it is an in-progress envelope the sender would need to correct the envelope and add the needed recipients (in this case the lawyers) as part of the envelope. The following article can be of help as well: Authentication Error: Login information provided does not match the account for this envelope

If you need them to review it first, you can set a signing order which would allow you to choose which recipients can see the documents first and so on: Set a Signing Order

If they are not getting the notifications, this could be because under certain circumstances, emails can be blocked by the recipient’s email domain configuration or can be marked as spam. You can find more details about these scenarios here: Why aren't my signers receiving DocuSign Notification emails?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

Hi @sshelkoshvein,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator