Skip to main content

I have notifications turned off because I receive a massive number of docusigns, but I don't want to miss the information someone might send in the customized email message field. Is there a place, within DocuSign, where I can view that message?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

Yes, if the sender added a custom email message then you can see this when you access the envelope (from your account), this will show on the banner as you can see below, the first yellow mark would be if a private message is added, and the second yellow mark would be if a custom email message was added, if no private message is added then only the email message will be shown.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello - thank you - I don't see that view when I open DS. I've attached a snapshot of what my Inbox looks like. The highlighted "Rush" envelope had a custom message to me - where would I see that?DSCapture

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

The option I showed before can be seen once you open the document to sign (the custom email message can only be seen during the signing session), if there is a private message, that can be seen at all times in the envelopes detail page (that can be opened by just clicking on the name of the envelope).

Best regards,

I do need further assistance. I am not getting the results you're describing.....

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

As mentioned before, the custom email message can only be seen during the signing session, not on the manage tab level, meaning that if the envelope has been completed, this can not be seen anymore, however, if the document had a private message that could be seen by clicking on the envelopes name. So in this case you want to see the custom message for the Rush envelope you mentioned, however, the envelope is marked as completed, so the email message can not be viewed, only if you were to access the email notification for that envelope, which you have mentioned you have turned off.

I hope the explanation above is more clear.

Best regards,

I sent an envelope to multiple recipients and added a customized message for each one at the bottom of the envelope where it says “add message” and I then clicked the box that says “Custom email and language for each recipient”.  After send the envelope, I went to the sent box to see my envelope details and the envelope says “no message has been entered”.  Why can’t I view my message to each individual in the details section?  I know there are different messages for each individual in my envelope, because I went in to “correct” the envelope and I can see each individual message there.  Can you please advise what i am doing wrong?  I would like to be able to view and keep the message I sent to each individual. Thank you!