Skip to main content

I would like to add a recipient to receive email notifications for when the signers have viewed and signed a document. Back in 2017, I could add a recipient with the CC role and they would receive email notifications (viewed and signed) as the document went through signers. Doesn't seem like this is possible now.

Hello 

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community. 

Currently, the only person who should receive notifications about signers viewing and signing documents they sent out should be de Sender of those envelopes, unfortunately, there isn't a way to set up a recipient separate from the Sender to receive such notifications, Carbon Copy recipient's should only receive a copy and/or completed copy of the document: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=gav1643676262430&topicId=sbq1631221886588.html&_LANG=enus

If you believe that you need further assistance, you can create a Customer Support case and a Tech Expert will be able to help. Please click the link below to open a Support case: https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you’re not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down the page to “More Support Options” and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." You will have different options to contact Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue!

Best regards, 

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

I worked at DocuSign from 2012-2019. CC recipients never received notifications about other recipient actions such as viewing or signing. They are a recipient just like the signers and they only get the email notifications when they receive the copy and when the envelope is completed.

Notifications about signer activity like Viewed and Signed are only sent to the Sender of the envelope.

Regards,

Any consideration to change where others can see status of documents

Hello, 

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

At no moment, there isn't. However, any feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always more than welcome. 

In the near future, we will have a Community section that is dedicated to customer suggestions/feedback. You all will have the ability to upvote on what’s important and needed. 

If you’re a DocuSign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request directly when you’re logged into your account. You’ll be able to click the “Give Feedback” button at the bottom of the screen in order to submit your idea.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue!

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

One thing to note: if the CC recipient has a DocuSign account login, they can see the status of the envelope at any time while it's in process AFTER they received their CC notification. So if you set the signing order with the CC recipients before the signers, those CC recipients get notified first when the envelope is sent. They can then watch the envelope progress via the Manage tab in DocuSign. But they won't get further email notifications until the envelope is completed. I have seen users add the CC recipient multiple times, in between each signer, but that's not an ideal user experience. Regards, 

I agree with​ an initial request. Why shouldn't we be able to decide what cc'd people can see? I am setting up envelopes for signature, but it's not my work. The person I cc on the envelope wants to monitor as people view and sign the doc(s), so they can keep an eye on it. Allowing a person to adjust their cc notifications to see more of the activity makes sense.

This is really something DocuSign should add.