Skip to main content

Hi all, just started using DocuSign. I signed a document with a client in the room with me using the “in person signer’ function. I also entered the client’s email when prompted at the beginning of the session. However, the client’s email didn’t appear on the certificate once it was all submitted. Is this normal, or did I do something wrong?

This is an issue, as I then forwarded the client’s signed document to a third party, who rejected the document because it had no email of the signer listed anywhere, so their response was that they had no way of knowing who signed the form.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nevermind, I just checked with DocuSign support, and it's not possible. Here is the response:

“The certificate of completion only shows In-person below the signer's name instead of the email. We checked our resources but it seems there is no option to include this information.”

This seems to me such a huge gap in the security side of this. It makes in-person signing, which otherwise is a fantastic feature, worthless.