Skip to main content

I can use passkey for DocuSign login with PIN or face recognition.

But when I try to save my ID Wallet with passkey it gives only one option: USB security key. (No pin, no face recognition)

My console shows this warning:

“publicKey.pubKeyCredParams is missing at least one of the default algorithm identifiers: ES256 and RS256. This can result in registration failures on incompatible authenticators. See https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/main/content/browser/webauth/pub_key_cred_params.md for details” 

And that seems to be the reason. 

publicKey.pubKeyCredParams for DocuSign login defines -7 (ES256) and -257 (RS256), whereas publicKey.pubKeyCredParams for the ID Wallet passkey defines only -7 (ES256).

That leads to Windows giving only the Security Key option for the ID Wallet passkey. 

Is this intentional? I hope it is not. If it is, it should be mentioned in the documentation.

Hello @Marvin ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that you are getting an error, I understand this error shows when you try to save your ID Wallet in Docusign with your passkey.

To better assist you, can you provide the device you are using? Is it Android or iOS? Is it a tablet, a mobile or a computer?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @nathaly.monge. It’s Windows 10 on a laptop.

Hello @Marvin ,

Thank you for reaching back and for the further information.

The error you are getting is dependent on the device/OS/browser you're using: Create Your Identity Wallet and Sign Documents

Looking at the "device support" link: https://passkeys.dev/device-support/ the Synced Passkeys entry strongly indicates this isn't supported on Windows Desktops at the moment, we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!