Skip to main content
I would like a signer to be able to choose options by creating a sequence of drop down boxes that have the choice of numbers 1-5, but if the signer chooses 1 for one option, then 1 is not an option for next choice. Is this possible?

Yes, you would need to create the first set of dropdowns then a series of dropdowns which would be conditional based on selection of the first. So first dropdown has choices 1-5. Then you have four additional sets of dropdowns each with different selections. So first set is 2-5, second set is 1, 3-5, third set is 1-2 and 4-5, fourth set 1-3 and 5, last set 1-4. Then you setup conditionality so if the first dropdown choice is "1" it displays set 1 of dropdown 2 and so on. Once conditionality is set and tested then just overlap all the choices for the second dropdown and the correct dropdown will appear based on dropdown 1. It would get increasingly difficult if you tried to do this with every new dropdown because the possible combinations start to get ridiculous but it wouldn't be difficult for two dropdowns. Let me know if you need a screenshot or further examples.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that you want to have the signer be able to choose options by creating a sequence of drop-down boxes that have the choice of numbers.

Thank you David, and also to add to the previous post please see the Conditional Fields and How do I set a conditional field based on the response to one or more radio button groups? articles.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Thanks so much!