Skip to main content

I sent an envelope for eSignature to 20 people, only two didn't sign up and my envelope got void, is there a way to unvoid it or have the document with all the other signatures, and just add the last two?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I understand that you are looking to continue your envelope's workflow after it has been voided, and I will gladly share more details on the topic.

Once an envelope is voided, the signatures in it are lost and cannot be recovered.

In order to continue with the signing order, you will need to create a copy of your envelope, but this will not include any completed signatures in it.

For more details on how to copy an envelope, see:

Copy Envelopes

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

My workaround was to download the document and reuse but I copied all 18 signatories as CC so they would have final version. Explain in messaging to them your rationale to avoid them resigning but at document itself yoiu may need to remove watermarks such as VOIDED etc. You need to be clear for ethical purpose and in future perhaps extend the expiry date and set regular reminders.

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

I am glad that this option worked for you. However, the reason why we wouldn't recommend it is that the document wouldn't be necessarily legally binding since only actions taken within the same envelope will be recorded in its certificate.

Because of this even if the document has the signatures on it, not necessarily these will be taken as valid.

Regarding the envelope expiration settings, these are managed by your account administrator and can be updated in Settings>Reminders and Expirations.

For more details on this topic, see:

Set Account Reminders and Expiration Defaults

Depending on the selection in the account settings, you will be able to manage the envelope's expiration settings in its advanced options menu.

You can find more information on this process, here:

Set advanced options for an envelope or template

Please don't hesitate in letting me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!