Skip to main content
I have a user who had previously set up a free account. I added her to the Company account, but when she logs in with her email address, it still takes her to the "free" account

How can I switch the associated account on her profile?

Hello Paul,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I understand you have added a new user to the account, but they are logging in to a different account. There are several ways to go, please view the following:

1. If the user has the same email and password on both accounts, they should be able to switch between those accounts by only logging in to one. If the accounts are on the same server, you can find the option under the profile picture/initials on the top right. If they are on different servers, then they will see the option to select the account when adding the credentials.
  2. If they don't see the Switch Accounts option, then they most likely have a different password, you can send a reset password for your account to that user, and they can either choose a different password or use the same one as the other account.
  3. They can contact customer support to close the personal account: https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 
  4. In the case that they are trying to click on the link to activate the account but are automatically taken to log in (it is not requesting the creation of new credentials) please have them copy the link and paste it in an incognito window: https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/Troubleshooting-cached-login-credentials-in-Google-Chrome

If you’re not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down the page to “More Support Options” and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." You will have different options to contact Support.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

She HAD set up each account with the same Password, it turns out. I was able to change the Company account's password, and logged her in successfully using the new one.