Skip to main content

Hi All,

I have run into an issue and wanted to see if the community can provide some guidance.

how do I confirm that a Docusign was signed by my partner and not me? We share the same email address and the signature is done under our company’s name?

we do have different laptops.

Hi @12AB,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.  

The envelope’s Certificate of Completion will only include the IP included at the moment of signing. And, in order to confirm if the signature was made through your laptop or your partner’s we would need the MAC address to be included. 

Nevertheless, feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always welcome. I encourage you to consider submitting your idea to be reviewed by our development team for possible implementation. If you’re a Docusign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request through a support case, or by reaching out to your Account Team. We invite you to share your product suggestions and feature requests on our dedicated ideas page (https://community.docusign.com/ideas), where we can collaborate to shape the future of our product together.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,  

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!  

Thank you for responding. How do I proceed to get the IP address? Is that something available?

I will appreciate your help!

To ensure proper identification of signers, each signer should use a unique email address. Alternatively, you can forward the envelope to the final signer's email address by DocuSign for completion. Sharing an email address between signers is not a best practice and can lead to confusion and issues like the one you're experiencing.

FreeLink/甫连信息
🌍 DocuSign Partner | Partner Profile
🏆 2024 APAC Reseller Growth Partner of the Year
🔧 First globally to pass DocuSign eSignature Technical Consultant certification
🚀 Expertise in DocuSign integrations with in-house systems for leading enterprises across various industries.

Feel free to reach out for collaboration opportunities.

Thank you for responding. How do I proceed to get the IP address? Is that something available?

I will appreciate your help!

Do you mean your IP? If you have windows you can view your network (search: ‘view network’  -  right click on your connection and choose ‘properties’. Your IP should be listed. (not sure how do do this with a Mac, but you can probably search the web).

In DocuSign - download your signed form and make sure ‘certificate of completion’ is checked off.  Open the certificate and you will see the IP of the computer used to sign the document.

good luck

mr1

the ip address is public ip of your office or home network. you can find it by https://whatismyipaddress.com. Does your partner in the same city as you? Do your colleague sign the envelope in office by office network? always office network with static public ip.

FreeLink/甫连信息
🌍 DocuSign Partner | Partner Profile
🏆 2024 APAC Reseller Growth Partner of the Year
🔧 First globally to pass DocuSign eSignature Technical Consultant certification
🚀 Expertise in DocuSign integrations with in-house systems for leading enterprises across various industries.

Feel free to reach out for collaboration opportunities.