Skip to main content
I have a 30+ page word document with page headers. How do I create page headers with company name and date in docusign? Do I have to drag and drop the field on every page?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I appreciate you sharing your concern. If you are looking to include a printed version of the company name and date in your word document the easiest way would be to include them prior to the document's upload to eSignature.

Once in eSignature, the only way to add text to your document is through our form fields that can be added manually or by applying an existing template to a new document.

You can find more details on how to work with templates, here:

Create Templates

Apply Templates to Documents

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

so there is no way to have them auto added as a template field to every page?

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

The only option that would place all of these fields automatically into your document is applying an existing template to the document.

However, you will need to manually add the fields when you create your template.

Please don't hesitate in letting me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

I tried an auto place field but the underlying placeholder text from the word document still shows after the auto placed data is applied. for example every instance of [date] in the page header still shows [date] with today's date lying overtop of it.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching back.

In order to correct this issue you will need to set the anchor text font as white in the document prior to its upload to DocuSign.

As always, don't hesitate in letting me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will lend a hand as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Using Auto Place and setting the text font to White worked great. thank you for the assistance.