Skip to main content

Hi, I sent an envelope to one Signer and he has signed it, so the documents has Completed status.

Then it was realised that the wrong version was signed, so we need to voide/revoke/null the document.

As a Sender I don’t see a Void option or any other relevant options available as well. I’ve read that it’s not possible to Void the document when it’s completed. However, do any other options to revoke/null a completed document exist? If Sender does not have any of them, then what is available for Signer and Admin in that case?

Thank you,

Marina

@Marina 

If the envelope is in the status completed, the transaction has reached a final state and cannot be modified anymore. There is no other option to revoke it, as the signature workflow has been completed and the document was signed legally binding.

You can send out a new envelope with the correct document for signature and reference the already signed one and state that this will replace the previously signed document. Hopefully the recipient will understand and sign the new document as well to resolve the situation you are currently in.

You can only modify an envelope, e.g. void it, when it has not yet reached a final state. Only the sender and users that were given shared access with required permissions are able to void an envelope. Even with Admin rights you cannot change a final state.