Skip to main content

I've configured many DocuSign PowerForms over the years, but I was recently asked to support a new use case that doesn't appear possible.

What the client wants is for the PowerForm owner and the signer to both receive an email notification when an envelope is completed. That piece is easy. However, they also want only the PowerForm owner to receive the completed documents attached to that email. They don't want the signer to receive any attachments; they want the signer to only receive the email notification, with nothing attached.

As far as I can tell and have tested, all attachment settings I can see for completed envelopes apply globally, both to senders and signers. I'm hoping I'm wrong though.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

There is a feature that the account administrator can enable and disable that allows the attachments of the completed documents to the completed emails however, this is an all-or-nothing feature, meaning, it would affect all parties of the envelope and not just some. It can be enabled/disabled by going to:

1. Settings
  2. Signing Settings
  3. Enable/disable "Attach documents to completion email" under Envelope Delivery
  4. Save

For more information, please view: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=fur1583277359739.html&_LANG=enus

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you. How do request this functionality get added to DocuSign?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

This function should be enabled by default on all account plans, you would just need your account administrator to enable it, if you do not know who your account administrator is, please contact your IT department or Help Desk.

Best regards,

Hi. I mean how do I submit a request for DocuSign to add a feature/enhancement? It's currently limiting that the attachment setting is an all or nothing deal. It would be ideal if we could decide who receives a copy of attachments instead of either everybody getting them or nobody getting them. This really shouldn't only be available as an account-wide setting. We should also be able to configure it by role/person and by envelope/template/PowerForm if we need to.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

Apologies! Any feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always more than welcome. 

We’ll provide it to the Product team that is closely aligned with the area associated with the feedback. They will review it and determine the next steps.

In the near future, we will have a Community section that is dedicated to customer suggestions/feedback. You all will have the ability to upvote on what’s important and needed. 

If you’re a DocuSign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request directly when you’re logged into your account. You’ll be able to click the “Give Feedback” button at the bottom of the screen in order to submit your idea.

Best regards,