Skip to main content

Can someone help me to properly design signing process?

I need to proceed with the agreement with the company where two people have to sign it concurrently. There are four people authorized to sign documents on behalf of this company. So two people out of four have to be asked to sign the agreement. Usually those two people are available at the office.

I don't know any name nor email of these four people and I don’t know who is available for signing.

I know one person and his email at this company who is my counterpart and knows all of these four people and knows who is available at the moment.

How to set recipients and their roles in the DocuSign?

Thanks

Mariusz

From your description of the issue it looks like Signing Groups would be an applicable feature. Signing Groups are setup by your DocuSign Admin and basically take multiple DocuSign Users and adds them to a group. Then these are used for signing purposes so the envelope goes to a group and can be signed by any single individual in that group. Of course this requires knowing who the individuals are and they must be DocuSign Users in your account. If they are external then the options point more toward using the Specify Recipients or Update Recipients "Recipient Types".

Here is a DocuSign article on using Specify Recipients when adding Recipients...

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-add-recipients

Thanks for the reply but I am afraid it won't work.

These recipients are external indeed and don't have

accounts in DocuSign.

The option Specify Recipients or Update Recipients

won't work either as I need to place signature fields in the document while

define the signing process. I can't do it for the person with such a role. The

person who is supposed to Specify Recipients or Update Recipients needs to have

an account in DocuSign as well. It is not the case in my case.

The only scenario that I see is to send two requests

to the person I know and ask her to forward both request to authorized people.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Based on the information in the following article and my experience with the DocuSign product, neither Specify Recipient or Update Recipients shows as requiring a DocuSign Account. The only Recipient type that requires a DocuSign Account is "Allow to Edit".

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-add-recipients

Also if using these Reicpient Types either in an envelope or in a Template still allows you to add fields and tags specific to these additional Recipients.