Skip to main content

Hi DocuSign community -

I need to create a document which is sent to a large number of customers, which is both populated with various information customised for each individual client (address, chosen product, representative name, etc), and sent to all clients in bulk.

I'm hoping there is a method where I can pre-populate various fields within the document itself with data drawn from a .csv - presumably this is possible using custom fields and/or data labels, but I'm struggling to find the solution.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

To specify values to auto-populate for your fields, you need to ensure that you change the data label for the fields to a meaningful string and insert a column with the same string in the bulk list CSV file, for the system to be able to know where to place the information added on the CSV, it is a requirement to preface the header with the recipient role name (e.g., Role Name::data label). 

If you created a template, you can click on Use template and then Advanced edit and download the CSV sample related to that specific template (all the fields you included on your template will be set up on the sample). 

Please keep in mind that you must have the appropriate permissions set for your account and your user login in order to use bulk send features. Additionally, available options may vary based on your account plan and selected payment method. Your account plan might not support some options. For more information about which options are available for your account, you can review your account plan with your Account Team or contact DocuSign customer support.

You might find the following information useful:

Bulk Send for Multiple Recipients 

Bulk send from a template

Add Fields to Documents

Bulk Send Checklist

Bulk Send Best Practices

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a  Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll  down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator

Thanks, that's really helpful - I've figured it out. One more question if that's ok - is it possible to include clickable hyperlinks as auto-populated data fields, for example to link to a bespoke invoice for each client? I'm able to add a hyperlink using the method described here but I don't think that will auto-populate. Thanks very much

Hi,

I'm afraid that currently, it's not possible to populate a unique hyperlink on the CSV for each recipient.

You could have the link as a non-clickable link put into a text field, but you cannot have it as a clickable hyperlink. The other alternative will be to send each envelope out one by one with the clickable hyperlink in it, but that will defeat the purpose of the Bulk Send feature.

We always value feedback as it helps us grow. If this limitation is negatively affecting your business, please take into consideration filling your idea to be reviewed for future implementation through the "Submit Feedback" button at the bottom of the screen in our eSignature application. 

Or, in the case that you have a corporate contract with us, remember that you are always welcome to create a case and have a Support Expert file an enhancement request on your behalf. 

I encourage you to keep an eye on our release site for future updates and fixes.

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator