Skip to main content

Background info:

The envelope only has 1 recipient. When my recipient signed the document, DocuSign displays the following message:

"You're Done! You'll receive an email copy once everyone has signed" (see attached screenshot)

Since there is only 1 recipient for my envelope, this message does not really apply. Is there a way i change this message?

I suggest reviewing the DocuSign Branding functionality (if it is available to your Account). Here is a link to the feature and functionality...

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-admin-guide-configure-branding

Pay specific attention to the section called "To specify post-signing destinations".

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I followed the instruction on your link. It looks like the "To specify post-signing destinations" allows me to set up a URL to display when my recipient signed the envelope, but it doesn't allow me to change the text that's currently showing on the page.

Thanks

What was suggested works very well for hosting your own landing pages for the various scenarios when an Envelope Recipient ends their session.

If you're trying to change the language on the pages hosted by DocuSign, you'll have to change the Resource Files for your Signing part of the Brand. These are XML files, but you should be able to edit them easily enough.

Here are the suggested steps to do that:

1. Login to DocuSign
  2. From the upper right Profile icon, click on "Go to Admin"
  3. In the resulting page, from the left menu, click on Brands
  4. Find your brand you want to customize, role over it and click on "Edit"
  5. In the Branding page that appears, scroll to the bottom of the page, find the link "Resource Files" and click on it
  6. Under the heading Download Master Resource Files, make sure you have the Signing Resource File Type selected from the dropdown and press the "Download Master" button
  7. Open the resulting XML file in a text editor
  8. Search for the text you want to replace
  9. Replace that text ONLY - MAKE SURE TO NOT DELETE ANY TAGS (those < and > symbols and what appears within them
  10. Save the XML file with a new file name. Make sure you place this someplace where you can reference it later
  11. Go back to the Resource Files page where you downloaded the file
  12. Scroll further down and find the section heading "Upload Custom Resource Files"
  13. Find the "Signing Resource File" box on the center of that section and press the "UPLOAD" button
  14. On the popup, press the "SELECT FILE" button to find your file locally and press the "Open" button
  15. Now press the "UPLOAD" button

That should do it. I hope that's helpful. Good luck.

Arash Sayadi

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

That was actually the first thing i tried,

I downloaded the master resource files (i checked both the Email Resource File and Signing Resource file)

I searched for some of the keywords i see when my recipient signed the envelope

I searched for the word "you're", "once", "signed", "done", "copy", none of them matches the message i got from DocuSign (i.e. You're done! you'll receive an email copy once everyone has signed)

I have attached the master Signing Resource file <- default language

Thanks.

I'll play with it and see what I can figure out, then post back what I find.

I searched around a bit and it seems this screen is fairly new. So, it's likely that DocuSign hasn't built a node in the XML file for that text yet.

If you still want the custom message, you probably have to provide a custom landing page like what David mentioned.

Arash