Skip to main content

I have documents that need to be signed by a certain date. How do I remind signers before the date and cause the documents to expire if they aren't signed by the expiration date?

Using DocuSign, senders have the ability set when documents will expire. Reminders are a particularly useful DocuSign feature. Signers often need to be reminded multiple times to review some paperwork or sign a document before they will actually do so. With DocuSign, that process can be automated and we will do all the reminding for you.

Note:  Some accounts may have this feature disabled by their DocuSign Administrator.

New DocuSign Experience:

1. Click  NEW , then click  Send a Document .
  2. Add any documents and enter any recipients as you normally would.
  3. Next, to  Advanced Options , click  Edit . https://www.docusign.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/image2-300x228.png

First, you’ll need to choose how many days after sending the document the first reminder will be sent. This first reminder serves as the starting point for all later reminders. Next, choose how frequently reminders will be sent following the first reminder.

The expiration date of a document can also be set. It is important to have an expiration date on documents for a few reasons. The first is a liability; it is not a good idea to have a contract still out and able to be signed long after it’s intended use. Another reason is an old document could include outdated information, such as pricing or company stats. Finally, an expiration date creates a sense of urgency for the signer. They will not take forever to sign it if they know it will not be around forever.

To set an expiration date, enter the number of days after sending till the document expires. You can also set how many days prior to the expiration date the signer will receive a reminder notification.

In this example, the first reminder is sent two days after the document is sent, and subsequent reminders will continue to be sent every three days until the document is signed. The document is also set to expire in 120 days with a warning to the signer five days before it will expire.

Once a document has expired, it is no longer considered valid.

Good question

Hello,

Can someone help me setup the reminder and expiration frequency I want.  I went to reminders in admin.  I would like to have the initial email on day 1 obviously, a reminder on day 5, and an expiration notice on day 10.  The envelope will expire on day 11.