Skip to main content

When I send a document to be signed, the first thing the signer sees is this very generic screen that tells them to fill in their name and, since I have a CC recipient, to fill in my name as well.

image.pngIt practically looks like I'm sending a phishing email. I want to customize pretty much all the text. I don't want it to say "PowerForm Signer Information". That means nothing to the people I send this to. Right below that it says "Please provide your name, company name, company address, and contact email", despite the fact that there is no place to fill out that information of the screen the signer sees.

I want it to say something like "NDA form for MyCompany", and then below say something like:

You are being asked to fill out an NDA by MyCompany. To start the process, please fill in your name and email below.

After that, I want it to show the name and email of the person who is sending it to them. I know that I can assign a name and email in a template, but that doesn't help me. We have many people who send these NDA forms to clients, and what I need is a way for an employee to fill in their own name and email prior to sending it to the signer, without that employee needing a custom template created for them. I assume there must be a way to simply let the sender pre-populate a couple of fields before sending the document to a client.

So, how do I perform these customizations? I have spent a couple of hours searching through the DocuSign support pages, as well as looking for information on YouTube, but have come up empty.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

The information can be modified using the Signing Resource file.

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=docusign-signing-resource-file-guide&topicId=docusign-signing-resource-file-guide.pdf&_LANG=enus

Important: Using resource files for account branding is an advanced option. This option should only be used by someone experienced in working with XML and HTML files. This information guide does not provide specific information about modifying XML and HTML information.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.