Skip to main content

Hi all, 

In our sales team, we’re using Docusign to send out quotes. 
Since we need to countersign each quote by our CCO, I want to make him a mandatory recipient. Without the need to do this every single time. 

How can I set that up in Docusign?

Thanks

Hi @Wessel !

The only way to make him a mandatory recipient is by adding him to each envelope flow. However, did you try to create a template for it? My suggestion is to create a very simple template with all the necessary flow, and after that, you can “Use” or “Apply” a template in your envelopes - by doing this, your CCO will be automatically added. 😉

Let me share with you a video gallery with some short explanations about templates, besides how to use and create. Please, check our Video Playlist: DocuSign eSignature Templates

Also, I’d like to invite you to join one of our free live webinar sessions related to DocuSign eSignature: Template Creation Basics. You can enroll yourself in any available sessions.

Let me know if I helped you!

Hi @Wessel,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Hello Team,
I have a similar requirement, I have a template which has two recipients, and both needs to sign. I have used a power form to display this template. Now on the first page of the power form I only see the first recipient is marked as mandatory the second is optional. Is there a way to make all the recipients as mandatory.

Appreciate your help.

Thank you

Hi @aniruddha.sune,

Thank you for following up.

If you are looking to make the recipient’s fields required, this is managed as part of the Field Properties menu, located at the right side of the screen after dropping a field, or, clicking on the field to edit.

You can find more details on this topic, here:

Edit Field Properties

In the case that you might be looking to force your PowerForm signer to fill out the second recipient’s contact details, this would need to be configured through a separate recipient role in your template, configured with a manager recipient action, such as Specify Recipients, or Allow to edit.

For more information on how to pick the right manager recipient type for your use case, see:

Manager Recipients

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic.  

For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. 

Compare eSignature plans & pricing  

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @Alejandro.Ramos ,

Thank you for taking time to respond to my query. 

I’m sorry if my question was confusing, but I don't want to make a field mandatory, but the recipient of the template as mandatory.

For example, I have two recipients and the signing order is set as when the first one completes the signing then the email will be sent to the second recipient for signing.

If you see the below image, here the Agent role is the first recipient and it is shown as mandatory, but the second recipient with role Customer is optional. I want to make the second role information mandatory as well. Both roles as set as needs to sign.

Thank you,

Hello @Alejandro.Ramos ,

Also as per your suggestion in para 2, I created a separate role Manager and assigned Specify Recipient permissions to it. Now when I open the power form, the Manager role is mandatory but not the Agent and Customer.

Thank you.

Hi @aniruddha.sune,

Thank you for reaching back.

The behavior you describe is how Powerforms will act by default, only the first recipient role in the template is mandatory in the landing page.

The idea of using a manager recipient type is to have the recipient specified in that recipient role enter the next person’s name and email during a signing session, not in the Powerform’s landing page.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @Alejandro.Ramos ,

Thank you for the response.

So, what I understand is that there is no way to mandate all the recipients on the Powerform landing page.

In my scenario,
I have created a template where I have two recipients, Agent role and Customer Role, both are specified as “needs to sign”. Then I created a Powerform from this template.

Now when I open the Powerform on its landing page I see both the fields where I can enter the name and email address of both recipients though only the first one is mandatory.

When I enter both recipient’s information everything works fine. But because the second recipient information is not mandatory on Powerform landing page user can proceed without entering it and then it will break my use case because second recipient will never get the email to sign.

In this case even if I create another Manage role and specify it as "Specify recipients” on the Powerforms landing page I can see all the three recipients now, but again only one is mandatory.

So the problem I’m trying to solve has no solution at this point? or there is a work around for that?

Thank you.

Hi @aniruddha.sune,

I understand your concern and use case, the main limitation here is that there is no option to make filling out the second recipient mandatory in the Powerform landing page.

Because of this reason having a third recipient role with the specify recipient action will be the only way in which you can ensure that the Customer role will always be filled out by the Agent.

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Hello @Alejandro.Ramos ,

Thank you for your response.

I tried adding the third recipient role with specify recipient action, still the customer is not mandatory.

Please refer to the attached screenshots.

Could you please elaborate more on how adding the third recipient role will make the Agent enter the customer information mandatory?
Sorry, but I’m not getting the work around you suggested.

Appreciate your patience.

Thank you.

@aniruddha.sune

Actually, there is a way to make recipients required on a PowerForm.

In the template click on the “Customize” and select “Advanced settings” at the bottom:

Check the box for “Don’t allow sender to delete recipient”:

This makes the recipient required and the person starting the PowerForm needs to fill it out.

@Michael.Rave ,

Thank you very much.
This is working. 🙂 This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you very much again.

Hi @Michael.Rave,

This was a great way to approach  @aniruddha.sune ‘s use case, I appreciate your input.

As always, don't hesitate to let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will lend a hand as soon as possible. 

Best regards,