Skip to main content
Question

How do I configure post-signature email message

• 22 August 2024
  • 4 replies

My signers are getting the same message after they sign and complete as they get before they sign. How do I configure a different email message to go to the signer AFTER they have signed? 

@SanMon

The completion email includes the email subject of the envelope, which can be confusing depending on how you set the email subject on sent. Changing the email subject on sent may already resolve this confusion.

The text for email notifications can be changed in the email resource files by following this guide. The feature is not be available in all Docusign plans. If available, you will see “resource files” on the brand.

Thank you; seems like it would be simple and logical to have a separate message panel in the envelope creation process, on the part of the journey where you add recipients, to simply have a separate panel for adding additional email messages. Does this exist somewhere?

My signers are getting the same message after they sign and complete as they get before they sign. How do I configure a different email message to go to the signer AFTER they have signed? 

To send a different email message to signers after they've signed, you need to set up a "completion" email. In your e-signature platform, look for the **"Post-Signature"** or **"Completion Email"** settings. Customize the message there to ensure signers receive a different email after signing.

Hi @SanMon,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you could solve your issue by utilizing the suggested solution?           

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!