Skip to main content

I have a 3 part radio group that determines where we need to send money. If the user selects "Direct Deposit" or "Mail Check to Bank", I have text fields that are required to be filled in with the Financial Information of the user. Using some hidden fields and a formula, if the user clicks either of the first 2 radio buttons, the required fields are displayed and enabled.

However, if the user clicks "Mail Check to Me", those text fields should be hidden and thus not required (as we have the user's mailing address elsewhere in the document). I'm not aware of any way to conditionally HIDE a field based on the user's selection.

If you need more information, please let me know.

thanks,

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that you want to radio buttons with conditional fields.

Have you reviewed this guide https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/How-to-set-a-conditional-field-based-on-the-response-to-one-or-more-radio-button-groups?

You can create and manage your signatures through the My Profile site.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

My bad!!! -- I forgot a VERY IMPORTANT step in setting up the conditional logic for the radio buttons. I have 2 "flag" fields associated with the first 2 radio buttons and then a formula that returns 1 or 0 if either of the flag fields are "shown". The formula then shows the Financial Information text fields to gather the required information if the formula value > 0.

What was missing was the conditional logic of: if the user clicks on either of the first 2 radio buttons, then "show" its associated flag field. Once I added that, it works GREAT!

Thanks again!

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back, am glad to hear that you were able to make it work, let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.