Skip to main content

I need to have the same several people sign, date and initial documents on a recurring basis. Each day the documents they need to sign are identical except for the fact that digits and amounts vary between each document. The format of the document is the same every day--field locations, initial blocks, signature blocks, are all the same, every day. However some of the data in the documents such as dates, numbers, etc. are different each day. Therefore I need to create a template for field locations--NOT a document template. That is, I need to be able to upload a new and different document each time, and then apply my field location template to the document after I upload it. How do I do that?

Imagine a sales contract where you have a buyer purchasing goods at a different price each day. The contract is the same each day, the signature and initial blocks are the same each day, but the price is different. I need a template I can apply to such a document each day.

This is a Template. I start by creating the Template and upload a form without any data populated in the form fields. Add Recipients, add custom email subject and body, and Signature tags as well as any other DocuSign fields like Date Signed etc. Save. Now here is the important part. Start a new envelope, upload a completely filled out form, then either pick the Template you just created that pops up for Matching or use the three dots and select Apply Template. This basically acts as an Overlay on top of your uploaded form.

Remember to us Apply Template and not Use Template, I liken these to Apply Template being an Overlay, and Use Template as a completely Fillable form.

Thank you! The pop up showed the template I wanted to use. I didn't see the 3 dots which would allow me to select Apply Template however. I will take a closer look next time.