Skip to main content

I have a template created with required text fields. I want the recipient to be required to add a photo to the document. How do I add a required upload photo field to my template?

Hello, @JHJF 

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

Use a Drawing field making it required. See the figure.

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

@JHJF - You can use an Attachment Standard Field and specify under the Tooltip to upload a photo and make it a required field.   There is not a dedicated field for photos.  

I appreciate the responses. Both give the recipient the option to upload a file or photo. I am wanting the recipient to be prompted to use his camera to add the photo. Is there a way to do that?

Thank you

@JHJF - Not really unless you are doing ID verification as part of the user authentication process. 

@JHJF 

Using an attachment field as explained by @JohnSantos will permit to upload a picture or file, you cannot obligate to upload a photo.

The Drawing field only accepts Images so your signer necessarily needs to upload an image file.

Regarding IDV verification as mentioned by John, if available in your country and your account plan has this Add-On so you can request the recipient to authenticate using a driver’s license or Passport. 
Watch this video: 

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

My coworker figured it out. Use an Attachment Standard Field AND view the template/document using your phone. Select the the Paperclip Icon, then select Upload a File. Three options appear: Photo Library, Take Photo, and Choose File. When Take Photo is selected, you can take a pic and it will be uploaded into the document. Which is exactly what we are needing.

When you are using a computer instead of a phone/mobile device, only the Choose File option is available.

Thank you  

Hi @JHJF,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.