Skip to main content

When I upload a document in DocuSign and add a signature field to it and then send it, I have a field called [[Data:QuickURL]] inside my existing email resource branding XML file which is populated with appdemo.docusign.com. I have a valid subdomain (x-x..mycompany.com) that is claimed by my DocuSign admin account. How do I go about getting [[Data:QuickURL]] to point to x-x.mycompany.com and not appdemo.docusign.com?

I've added a custom email domain. I've "claimed" my custom domain and verified that the DNS txt and cname entries are live and the email domain works as expected.

Here is a sanitized example of the link within the "review document" email that is sent:

https://demo.docusign.net/signing/emails/v2-(info removed for security reasons)

where https://demo.docusign.net/signing/emails/v2- is the base that I would ideally like to change to https://x-x.mycompany.com/signing/emails/v2-

also,

4(removed for security reasons)d is the envelope ID. What is is this part (removed for security reasons) from? It doesn't correlate to domain or host IDs.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I appreciate you sharing your use case. The Custom Email Domain feature will only affect the "From:" email address in the email notifications and not the actual application URL.

In order for you to be able to allow your signers to access their signing session through your custom domain you will need to embed the DocuSign Signing Experience within your own application/website currently using the domain.

The easiest approach to make this happen would be to use a PowerForm. With PowerForms, you are able to generate a custom URL related to one of your templates that can then be embedded in your application/website or sent through email to the recipient.

For more details on how to work with PowerForms and how you can embed them into your existing systems, see:

Create a PowerForm

Embed a PowerForm in a Web Page

An alternative to PoweForms in this scenario would be to create a custom API integration with your website/application.

However, this option is more resource-consuming and also falls outside of DocuSign Support's scope. In an effort to provide as much assistance as possible, we can offer to help you schedule a Professional Services appointment with one of our qualified engineers to help you look into implementing this setup for an additional fee.

If you are interested in this option, feel free to reach out to your Account Team or DocuSign Support and we will confirm the available slots for the appointment.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic.  

For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. 

Compare eSignature plans & pricing 

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!