Skip to main content

A customer is asking for the Certificate of Completion. I have the envelope ID number, but I cannot seem to find it. I know the name of the individual who signed it, but he is no longer with our company and he's not a current "User."

Are you a DocuSign Admin? If not that complicates the issue considerably. If you are a DocuSign Admin you can transfer envelopes from one User to another. (Users can be closed but they cannot be deleted entirely, so either the envelope is still owned by the closed User, the envelope was assigned to someone else. or it was deleted.).

Secondarily as a DocuSign Admin, you can share envelopes between Users and get access to the envelope that way. If you are not a DocuSign Admin you need to contact one to either have them share that envelope with you or transfer the custody to you. DocuSign Admins can find any envelope that still exists inside the Account as long as it wasn't purged or deleted via Reports or via knowing the Sender of that envelope.

Thank you, David. I am an Admin and I actually ended up getting a support call. I was able to view the closed users and find it!