Skip to main content

Some documents are time sensitive and legally need to be signed on a particular date. Wondering if I can schedule send documents like emails to save the trouble of waiting.

Hi there

In the current web app it is not possible. You would need to build an integration to schedule the sending of the documents.

Robert​

Hi Robert,

Due to Covid-19, certain disclosures need to be signed the day of an appointment. However, I often schedule appointments several days in advance.

Can you point me in the right direction to add this capability?

Thank you.

Alexis

@Alexis Gandelman​, as Robert mentioned there is nothing in DocuSign that lets you schedule an envelope to be sent on a particular date or time. If you need to precisely control when the envelope is sent out for signature, you need to build your own application that triggers a call at the appropriate time to DocuSign's API to generate the envelope send.

Regards,

Michael

Thank you so much for the information. Have a great day.

Rinky dink

darn.... I need to send a document early tomorrow I wanted to set up for time so I can do something else same time... New option perhaps DOCUSIGN?

"you need to build your own application that triggers a call at the appropriate time to DocuSign's API to generate the envelope send." ....and how do you do that?

Check out the latest release there is now an option for scheduled release times.

About time too it was always a question I was being asked. A good few other nice to haves in this one.

is this for the developer version only? or can you provide resources on how to schedule?