Skip to main content
Hi, I'd like to know how is it possible that if I foreword the email with the request to sign a document that my account received to another e-mail address., this last one can sign with my name.
Someone else have the some problem?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

If one of the recipients forwards that email to another person, said person will have the ability to access and sign on their name, since what they are doing is accessing the document that was sent to them by the forwarder.

As a prevention from this happening DocuSign has included the following warning message in all signing invitation emails:

Do Not Share This Email

This email contains a secure link to DocuSign. Please do not share this email, link, or access code with others.   Additionally, the sender has the option to provide a custom email message to the signer.  As the sender, you can provide more explicit instructions to not forward the email, and to contact you as the sender if another party needs access to the envelope.  

Also, I can suggest that for future envelopes the sender implements the recipient authentication, as this will ensure that the ones accessing the envelope must pass the verification you set up to do so. 

We understand that it may seem like fraudulent activity happened, but the best practice that we promote is to never forward the DocuSign signing invitation since the person that received the forwarded email may think that it was an invitation sent to them with the intend of them being the ones that needed to sign,  not knowing that it was forwarded to them, additionally, I’m afraid that we do not have a way to document when email notifications get forwarded, because they get forwarded outside our system.

Here are some resources that you might find useful:

Recipient Identity Verification 

Forwarded Signing Invitation Emails 

Best Practice - do not forward DocuSign email notifications 

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a  Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll  down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator

I got it. Thank you,

Regards