Skip to main content
Has anyone seen the below error when trying to send an envelope
"Unable to create the envelope. Cannot read property '_showValidationError' or undefined"

Were you able to find the answer to this?

I am getting the same error.

No I have not been able to find out why or how to fix this error.

I am getting the same error.

So my fix was to make sure to use Google Chrome, and also make sure the users is not trying to upload a file that is larger than the allowed limit.

We are having the same issue. Where can I find the upload size limit?

Having the same issue with a user. All other users can create envelopes just fine. Put in a ticket with support but before they got back to me the issue was resolved.

Another user had sent the user a document to sign. The user logged into her account to sign the document and then after that she was able to create envelopes to send out. So it sounds like it might be an authentication issue.

For all of you, I would recommend having the user sign out, clear all the browser cookies and sessions and log them back in and try again. Maybe even have them try a different browser or PC all together. Or just have another user send them a document to sign and have them sign into DocuSign to sign it. Thats what worked for us 🙂

Hope this helps!

An user was having this same issue with Chrome but with Firefox she could do it...

I had to get a Docusign tech to help but we didn't get far. So what I figure happened, I took an original PDF and print to PDF only a portion of it. It will upload the whole 200 something paged document but not the 30 page copy of it.

I had tried clearing cookies/cashe, in Chrome, print to PDF using Microsoft, downloaded the document as a PDF, and went into an incognito tab. All failed.

Hey guys,

I had the same thing, opened it on several browsers. I realised the file was toooo big. I compressed it, it was 53.8MB and i compressed to 1.2MB.

IT WORKED!

Can confirm this is an issue when the Sender drops a 30MB file on the home page which will result in the same error. The file limit is 25MB.

Has anyone seen this message: "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'data')"? I have my license, but cannot enter on any browser.

I am unable to send an envelope and to reach out to the administrator. Who is the administrator that can help with this?