Skip to main content

I had a glitch in my docusign, it came back up but sent the wrong letter to the wrong person. How can this happen

Hello, @Apples 

You are welcome to the Docusign Community!

I’m not sure if I understand well what happened. 

Supposing you sent an envelope with a letter to a wrong recipient, if such recipient didn’t sign it yet, you can Correct the envelope, remove the wrong recipient than add a correct one. In summary, if the envelope stills with “Waiting for Others” status you can correct it. On the other hand, if it’s in Completed status you cannot change a thing.

The only way to send an envelope to a wrong recipient is: if the sender typed an wrong email address. Perhaps, if you already sent other envelopes, each new contact (recipient) is saved in your user’s contacts list. Typing a name in the recipient Name’s fields automatically shows up any contact matching that name, maybe the sender selected the wrong recipient from the contact’s list.

I hope that helps.

Best,

Alexandre

So yesterday at around 6:05 my docusign Glitched, It went out & when it came back up sent a form that had already been sent that morning, The form was not the one that I had filled out. So, I had no way to review it or anything as it just sent it. I do not know what happened. I do have photos & time stamps as to when this happened. 

The person I was sending it to their information was on the screen prior to the glitch that had occurred, it seems as if Docusign afterwards took one of the last forms I filled out & sent it to the correct email that I had entered. The issue was that the form placed to them was not theirs & as I stated had been sent earlier in the day. There was no way for me to have attached that form to the contact I was working on at the time, as I had all her information filled out, email etc & entered. 

Hi @Apples,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.