Skip to main content

I need to calculate and display a date 30 months from the date signed.

In my template, I have created a date signed field and called it policy_period_from.

I have created a formula field with the following formula: AddMonths( policy_period_from] ,30)

This is displaying in numerical UK date format (dd/mm/yyyy) but we are sending this particular doc to our US customers so it either needs to be in US format (mm/dd/yyyy) or be in a format that can’t be misinterpreted in the US (e.g. dd MMM yyyy, i.e. 30 Nov 2026).

How can I achieve this?

@ser60 - Have you looked at the Regional Settings for your account?   Depending on how these settings are, the data format might be displaying as you need it be for US Customers.  

Hi @JohnSantos - unfortunately, I believe that would interfere with the documents we create for our UK customers, so I think it’s unlikely to be a suitable solution.

It’s actually weirder than I realised - the ‘date signed’ is coming out as dd MMM yyyy, which is what my regional settings are set to, and the ‘30 months from’ date is coming out as mm/dd/yyyy (i.e. numerical US format) - this would be so confusing for document recipients, to have two different formats for date where the month and day are in different orders to each other.

This seems to mean that I have zero control over the date format for the formula date?

Both my Regional Settings and Signing Settings are set to the same format (dd MMM yyyy)

Hi @ser60,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi Christopher, yes please! 

Hi @ser60,

Would it be possible for you to provide a copy of the template that you are using?

Best regards,

Please find attached a copy of the template that represents the furthest we’ve got with this problem.

To re-summarise the problem, we have a new set of documents for the US and the UK that need to be able to represent the date signed and a date 30 months from the date signed.

We have added a ‘date signed’ field, and then made the text white to hide it because the format is UK (which we need to keep because most of our clients are in the UK).

We have added two formulas, one that equals the date signed, and one that equals the date signed plus 30 months. These are showing as e.g. 12/31/2024 (all in numbers, in US order). This is the minimum possible solution that will work in the US, but

1. It doesn’t work at all for our new UK documents as the month and day are in the wrong order, and​​​
  2. We would prefer to show Dec 31 2024 in the US, and 31 Dec 2024 in the UK, to ensure that there can be zero confusion when our ops team are working with clients in the two different countries

Hi @ser60,

Could you confirm the Regional settings that you have at the account level for what information is being used in the Date field?

For this you will need to be an account Admin, go to the Settings tab, and the select the Regional Settings.

Best regards,

Hi @Christopher.Alpizar, please find attached!

Hi @ser60,

If you enable the option to Allow users to set their time zone, do you get the same error?

Best regards,

Hi @Christopher.Alpizar - yes, I do

Hi @ser60,

On your Regional settings do you see the section Date Signed Field?

Please see the image below:

Best regards,

Yes, I see it

Hi @ser60,

Have you tried to change those settings to Account Default to confirm if the information displayed changes?

Best regards,