Skip to main content

Signed a contract to lease solar panels. Several times i signed. Company never sent anyone to my house to eyeball job. I crawled around my attic and around my house to take pics of my house.Also took pics of fusebox and outside wall where electric meter is. 2 or 3 months after contract was signed, i found out that the company forged my signature to a amendment to my contract. I had refused to pay it or agree because of leasing solar. This was for a electricle line going from solar to fuse box, cost 2400. I said i am leasing solar panels, you said i wouldnt have to pay any installation. They are getting reimbursement from gov for installation. 

Hello @Sorrysolar,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you, I know the importance of having the security that only you can sign the envelope; I understand that you have an issue with your name being forged in a document.

DocuSign Trust is a top priority and reports of suspicious activity are taken seriously. It’s imperative that security concerns are shared with us to ensure issues are addressed timely and appropriately. This page outlines the difference between imitating DocuSign via spoofing or impersonation used in phishing campaigns and the improper use of DocuSign customer accounts to commit fraud — as well as the correct reporting channel for each.

Attempts to trick people into believing that emails are related to or from an actual DocuSign customer account are imitation attempts. Conversely, concerns related to an actual DocuSign customer account are considered fraud and improper use of our platform. 

More information at https://www.docusign.com/trust/security/incident-reporting

A customer suspected of fraud or illegal activity can be reported to DocuSign if they are in violation of DocuSign sites and services' terms and conditions.

Remain vigilant if a request is received from a sender you do not recognize or if you were not expecting documents sent via DocuSign. Fraudsters use various scam tactics to lure people into providing sensitive information or money. See the section below on Trends, tactics, activity, and themes for more information.

Always use caution when clicking on links, even from within a DocuSign document. Bad actors may leverage our product to phish recipients or send embedded malware. We ask that any malicious link sent through an actual DocuSign envelope be reported to us immediately for investigation at security@docusign.com.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @Sorrysolar,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.