Skip to main content

Hello good people!

I need help on field order.

I found on the topics of the community that it is possible to set an order to the fields, which could be very usefull for us since we have a new contrat with the basics (pages 1 to 10), then the signature (page 11) and after some appendices (pages 12 to 14) with fields that need to be completed by the customer.

So we want to put an order to the fields so that the fields in the appendices are completed before going to the signature.

I saw on a topic here saying it was an option available so I contacted the customer service and asked them how I could get the option, the price and a quotation.

I took me 3 weeks to get the info that this option was available on my package but was not activated.

Finally happy to get what I asked for (but with no explanation on how to use it), I tried to use it this morning, and it is not working!!

Maybe there are some settings to do on the account (maybe auto navigation?) but I have looked in the parameters and could not find where to modify that.

I should precise that on the model I use, there are some fields with conditions, I don’t know it it has an influence. As I did not receive any information on how to use it, I don’t know if I’m using hte option properly or if what i want to do with it is even possible. 

I can see that here people know what they are talking about which is very different from the impression I got after the video conference with the technical support.

Hope you can help me ;) 

@emySF 

Try the Auto-Navigation under Signing Settings.  There are a few options there depending how you want the signer to view the required information before they sign.  

Well the problem is that I don’t see that in my signing settings...no drop-down menu except for the date settings.

Could it be a question of version of Docusign?

@emySF 

If you are the administrator of your DocuSign account, and you don’t see this setting, I would recommend contacting customer support.  They can confirm if that is part of your plan.  

@emySF

If you are the administrator of your DocuSign account, and you don’t see this setting, I would recommend contacting customer support.  They can confirm if that is part of your plan.  

Well I am administrator and we also have a super admin taking care of all the accounts for the company, none of us can see it in the signing settings and we have a business pro plan.

I talked 30 minutes with a guy from CS, did not seem to know why I could not see the navigation settings, he told me that he activated  it on my profile since it was part of my plan (why was it not active already, gooood question!). And he told me that he was not sure that the field order setting could apply to the signature field. He told me he had to ask his boss.. I am amazed to see that I know almost as much as he does!! 

And what would be the point of having a field order setting if it does not apply to all fields? I will post the end of the story as soon as I got it, hopefully before the end of the month, could be useful to other people...

Honestly I have never seen such an inefficent CS...almost a month now!!

Hello, 

So 19 days after I opened this topic, I am still waiting to talk with someone who knows his job at Docusign...

@emySF 

I understand your frustration with the ongoing issues and inefficient support, and I hope you get a resolution soon. I'm not with DocuSign's customer service. The activation of features included in your plan should work seamlessly, and it's disappointing when it doesn't. Sharing these challenges and any eventual resolution with the community can be very helpful for others facing similar issues. Your feedback is valuable and can drive improvements in customer service and product functionality.

I have the same issue...I don’t have a drop-down or any indication for Auto-Navigation as shown above under Settings.  Has this issue been resolved for you?