Skip to main content

Is there a way for the sender to receive a notification a day or so in advance of when an envelope will expire so I can go out and extend the date?  It's very difficult to monitor where signers are at and it's much easier to extend than to recreate after an agreement has been voided.

Yes this is possible.  This of course requires the envelope to be 'corrected' which means you need to be the envelope owner (or have shared access to the envelope). There are restrictions based on the Template used as well which may be set to disallow edits.   Here are the instructions provided in the following DocuSign article...https://support.docusign.com/en/articles/How-do-I-extend-the-expiration-for-an-envelope

While I appreciate the response, what I was asking is if there is a way the sender can receive a notification in advance saying that the envelope will expire in two days so i can go in and 'correct' it before it actually expires. Otherwise, I end up having to track this on my calendar to go in and see the status of every agreement. 

My apologies for reading that initial post wrong. I know you can create a custom report that is based on something like Envelope Report that includes the column 'Expiration Date' on envelopes.  Schedule that report for daily delivery.  I do not see any feature that notifies the Sender of envelopes that are expiring in a certain time, I checked through Sender 'Notifications' and documentation but found no such feature.

Thank you. I do appreciate the research. I didn't know you could create a report like that and hopefully that part is included in whatever subscription we have.