Skip to main content

When I create documents to sign and am adding fields for completion and signature, the fields always default to one sender and their respective color. What is the best most efficient way to have the same fields for different recipients (colors) without having to do it manually for each recipient. When I go to send, it tells me I did not add fields, which is true, but I would like the same fields to apply to all documents. Why on earth is there no easy way to do this, or is there?

Hello, @sjohnson 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

You could try some options to achieve your needs.

1. Create a Template or templates for the different types of contract that you have. 
    In the template you can add the recipients, add fields for each one similar as you do in an envelope. The advantage is when you need to send a new contract, after uploading it you can apply automatically or manually a template.
    All the recipients and fields will be in the locations configured in the template.

2. Now, in an envelope you can add the necessary fields to the first recipient, select and copy all those fields then Paste them in the document in the place you need for the 2nd recipient and on the right panel, you’ll see a dropdown box with the recipient name/color, you just need to select another recipient then the magic happens.

See this example. Two recipients. Luke and Alexandre. I placed all necessary fields to Luke then I selected all fields, Control + C, Control + V, now on the right I just need to select the recipient Alexandre (in yellow).

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

Helpful, thank you. Is there a more automatic way to do this rather than having to do it by hand for each recipient?

Hi @sjohnson,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!