Skip to main content

We have had multiple documents assigned to a Signing Group where the envelope will “assign itself” to a random signer within that group. We know it isn’t the representative going in and assigning the envelope to themselves as it is happening around 3am (which we would be closed by then) and they do not have access to assign to themselves outside of the company (behind a firewall). This also happens when someone is on vacation, out of town, so they would not show up to just assign themselves a document for no reason. Has anyone else encountered this issue? This has been going on since May/June of 2023.

@PedroG We utilize Signing Groups quite a bit and I can say I have not seen any random assignments of envelopes to a specific User within the Signing Group happen and also not at the time designated.  Have you reviewed the Envelope History to see if there is any action or event that is occurring at the time specified? 

Hi @PedroG,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

We recently began having a very similar issue with signing groups used in our templates. In our case, Docusign appears to be assigning one of the people in the signing group to the task rather than the members of the signing group. I have looked at the envelope history in the example provided to me, and there are no visible user assignments or claiming of the envelope task from what I see in the history. We use a lot of templates, so any help to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @HFG QA,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Have you confirmed if the Signing Group is still included in the template?

It could be that someone changed it and added a static recipient instead. You can confirm this in Templates>Actions>Edit.

You would also want to check if the Signing Group’s configuration is still the same in Settings>Signing Groups.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

@Alejandro.Ramos -  Thank you for your attention to my inquiry. Yes, I have confirmed the Signing Group members are unchanged and that the templates still have the signing group listed rather than an individual user.

Regards,

Hi @HFG QA,

I have reached out to you through a direct message, as there will be account specific details that will need to be discussed and these cannot be shared in a Community Post.

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi DocuSign Community!

In the end we followed up internally and confirmed that the signing groups notifications were sent to all users in the group successfully.

And, the envelope was assigned to the first user to access the link.

If needed, DocuSign Support is available to help confirm if a workflow went through successfully (when applicable) on the application’s back end.

Don’t hesitate in reaching out to us with any concerns you may have, and we will address them as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator