Skip to main content

I have an Template where one recipient has "Allow to Edit" . They have no fields on the document in the template and I don't want them to be able to add fields to that document.

I do want them to be able to add their own documents (hence "Allow to Edit").

I would like to use document visibility to prevent them seeing the original document in the template.

According to the below page: "By default, recipients assigned with a manager recipient action (specify, update, allow to edit), or a non-signing recipient action of Receives a Copy or Needs to View, see all the documents in an envelope. You can modify document visibility for each of these recipient types."

I can't find where to modify it for the recipient in question and it's greyed out in the normal section when using the template.

Can you tell me how to do it? Or if there is another way to prevent the editor from adding fields to the original document? That would also solve the problem.

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&rsc_301&bundleId=gbo1643332197980&topicId=fhx1578456268488.html&_LANG=enus

Thank you!

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when setting up Document Visibility for your manager-type recipient role, but I will gladly help you correct the issue as soon as possible.

The note in the guide makes reference to being able to edit the Document Visibility settings for these recipient types as part of the Document Visibility Matrix.

You can find more details on how to manage Document Visibility at the recipient level, here:

Set Document Visibility

If you are not able to manage their access to the document as described in the guide, it would be best for us to take a closer look at the issue.

To do so, please create a case and have a Support Expert take a closer look at your setup. 

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you are not able to open the case on the same page, you should scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support. 

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Hi Alejandro,

For future reference, the Support Documentation is incorrect and Document Visibility cannot be changed for signatories marked with "Allow to Edit". They have visibility over all documents and this cannot be removed.

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

I will follow up with our development team in order to calibrate this topic and update any related documentation.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!