Skip to main content
Question

Edit Recipient feature

• 5 September 2024
  • 3 replies

I sent a document to two people. The first I gave the ability to edit recipients since they did not want to share the email address of the person that needed to sign. So a gatekeeper of sorts. But instead of editing the document to add in the person’s name, title and signature or forward to the relevant person for signature. It went to the next signatory who signed the document and it got returned to me as complete but without a signature for the first person. What is recommended in this case?

Thanks. 

M

It sounds like you would want to have a #1 role with Specify Recipients and a #2 role with Needs to Sign and have the fields assigned.  You would put in the name/email of the person you know into the #1 role.  Once sent, that person will get a popup window that asks them to fill in the name/email of the #2 person that will actually be filling out and signing the envelope.

If you enter a #2 role needs to sign, you have to have the name of the person and we were not given the name of the person that needed to sign. I am trying something different. I’ll see if that works. 

Hi Meda - as long as you have the #1 recipient set as Specify Recipient, you will not need the name and email for the #2 recipient.   You will just need to assign them a role, such as Signer, and you will be able to send the envelope.