Skip to main content

Our AD team created a new user account instead of updating an existing account for a name change. My user is part of a signing group and wants to have her completed documents moved over to her new account, but I'm unable to find a way to complete this request. Thoughts?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I understand that you are looking to transfer envelopes between users in your account and I will gladly share more details on how you can set this up.

If you are looking to transfer envelopes within the same account, you can do this in Settings>Users>Actions Dropdown>Transfer Envelopes.

For detailed steps on this process, see:

Transfer of Envelopes and Templates Between Users

In the case that the users might be located in separate accounts hosted within the same DocuSign server, you can transfer the envelopes in DocuSign Admin>Transfer Envelopes

You can find more information on how to transfer envelopes between accounts in your organization, here:

Envelope Transfer Overview

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic.  

For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. 

Compare eSignature plans & pricing 

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Hi,

Thanks for your response. We tried both options before posting on this forum. Searches for envelopes under the old account pulls nothing back and we don't have the Administrative option in our menu. I think part of the problem is that the envelopes are part of a signing group and the user didn't take action on them. In effect, she is looking for the notifications that were received as opposed to the actual envelopes.

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

There is no option in the eSignature dashboard that would allow you to transfer ownership of signed documents.

At this moment you are only allowed to manage envelopes sent by your users.

As a workaround, if the sender of the documents is one of your account users you might want to look into sharing the envelopes with the new user, as described below:

Manage Shared Access to Envelopes

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic.  

For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. 

Compare eSignature plans & pricing 

Please don't hesitate in letting me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!