Skip to main content

Hello All,
I would be really grateful for any ideas - HR wants to receive document and summary, that were signed by terminated employee some months ago. Can DS Admin to download signed document and summary of this terminated employee and send to HR and if “yes”, how can DS Admin do this or is it impossible?
Thank you!

Hi @sshelkoshvein,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to access an envelope signed by a closed user, and I will share more details on the topic.

If the envelope was originated within your account, you can approach this scenario in 2 different ways.

If the envelope was also signed by another active user in your account, an administrator can include themselves to the user’s Shared Access list, and will be able to access the user’s inbox, where the document can be downloaded.

For detailed steps on this process, see:

Manage Shared Access to Envelopes

In the case that no other user in your account was included in the envelope, and the envelope was created by the closed user. You can trasfer the envelope to another active user in Settings>Users>Actions>Transfer Envelopes.

You can find more details on how to transfer envelopes between users, here:

Transfer Envelopes and Templates Between Users

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic.  

For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. 

Compare eSignature plans & pricing  

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

@Alejandro.Ramos, thank you so much for your reply! 

The envelope was not originated within my account and no other user in my account was included in the envelope, so as DS Admin, I can transfer envelops from closed user to HR user (decision #1).

But at the same time as DS Admin, I can turn on “Share access with others” for this closed user and select the option “Allow to manage on behalf of eName of employee]”, that helps selected user (HR) to view envelopes, view history, download files, and move envelopes into folders of terminated employee (decision #2).

Please tell me which option is more correct in this situation? 

Thank you!

Hi @sshelkoshvein,

Thank you for following up.

The option of sharing access to the user’s inbox is unavailable, as the user is closed now.

You will also not be able to transfer the envelope, as you are only allowed to manage envelopes created within your account.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!