Skip to main content

Hi Docusign Community!

I would like to customize my workflow to eliminate redundancy and potential confusion for my customers/signers. Is there a way to automatically change the template message sent to the signer once they complete instead of using the same one when initially asking them to sign?

Problem Statement: When a template is used to send documents for signing there is a corresponding message on the template that is part of the email sent to the customer when asking to sign, but then it uses the same message when docusign emails the customer the completed signed document. 

Below is an example to illustrate. I would consider this a great message when the contract is extended. However, this same message with a new email subject line is sent after the customer signs, which is duplicative and misleading.

------------------------------------------

INITIAL EMAIL ASKING FOR A SIGNATURE 

Subject: Complete with DocuSign: Contract

Dear Customer,

Thank you for approving the quote. Please take a moment to sign the Service Contract. Don't hesitate to let us know if there are any questions - our goal is to protect your property and exceed expectations.

Once signed, the next step is scheduling and delivering results!

Kind Regards,

ME :) 

---------------------------------------------

EMAIL WITH COMPLETED & SIGNED CONTRACT

Subject: Completed: Complete with DocuSign: Contract

All parties have completed Complete with DocuSign: Contract.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for approving the quote. Please take a moment to sign the Service Contract. Don't hesitate to let us know if there are any questions - our goal is to protect your property and exceed expectations.

Once signed, the next step is scheduling and delivering results!

Kind Regards,

ME :) 

---------------------------------------------

@TillamookTS - Yes, you can customize Email Resource File to achieve this.   Look for the  "EnvelopeCompleted" template and customize by editing the corresponding HTML and plain text sections.  You should review this information DocuSign Email Resource File Guide for all the details.

Thank you so much @JohnSantos !