Skip to main content

My company recently upgraded to DocuSign Apps Launcher in our Salesforce org to send documents for signature in Salesforce.
When I created the eSignature template in Salesforce and custom fields in DocuSign for this initiative, I was made a DS Admin inside of DocuSign for ease.
Now that the initiative is complete and tested successfully, it is preferable that I become a DS Sender inside of DocuSign. However, when that change is made, I can no longer access DocuSign Apps Launcher at all (even though I have the right DocuSign Salesforce permissions), but more strange is our Users/Senders in Salesforce receive errors when trying to send documents. 
I have made sure that the template created by the DocuSign Apps Launcher was shared with everyone.

I was made an admin again in DocuSign and the issue was resolved, so feel certain this is the cause of the error. What do I need to do to resolve this so that I can made a DS Sender again in Salesforce?

Hello, @MegRTLit 

You are very welcome to the Docusign Community!

I’d suggest two things to be verified:

1. You mentioned the creation of custom document fields, have you marked all of them as “Shared”?

2. The templates are supposed only to be used (Use template) or involve any type of editing before sending an envelope? If so, the permission profile DS Sender only permits to USE a template not edit anything, if this is the case, you need to create a customized Permission Profile based in the DS Sender profile then change the User Permissions in the template option from Use to Create. Them add this customized profile to your users involved in your described scenario.

Best,

Alexandre

1 - yes, all custom fields are shared. I was just made an admin so that i could create them.

2 - the templates are not edited by the user before sending if I’m understanding what “editing a template” before sending means. The DocuSign Apps Launcher package created the template in DocuSign when I created a template in Salesforce.

And I’m not sure why me being an admin allows for Users to send documents successfully but doesn’t when I’m no longer an admin.

When you connected a Salesforce account to a Docusign eSignature account the user needed to this must be an DS Admin user so it will be the “permission connection” user for both.

The DS Senders will have the permissions as their Permission Profile has granted. So you don’t need to be concern for any of them try to do something not permitted because the DS Sender profile restricts Admin permissions.

The User who connected the account is a DocuSign DS Admin, and has all the necessary permissions inside of Salesforce. 

We specifically didn’t have my user be the one to do this connection because the intent was not for me to remain a DS Admin in DocuSign.

Hello @MegRTLit ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that you and your users are having issues after changing your Docusign permission profiles. I understand that you and your users get an error and cannot access Docusign through Docusign Apps Launcher.

You mention that your users are getting an error, can you provide that error?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @MegRTLit ,

Are you able to provide the information that I previously requested? If so, please do so in a reply to this question so that I am able to further assist you with your issue.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!