Skip to main content

Message in Document Retention Policy section

“You can enable a document retention policy to set the number of days that completed, declined, and voided documents are kept”.  The value goes up to up to 9,999 days.

But in the help page it states “If you choose to set a retention period, any affected envelopes are placed in a purge queue for 14 days, after which the documents in the envelopes are deleted from the DocuSign system.“

Question: If I enter “5” under “Keep for this many days” with the files be purged in 5 days or 14 days or 14+5 days (19)?  Please clarify. 

Hello @DHCole99 

You’re right about the total retention time as used in your example.

Here an excerpt from a DocuSign Whitepaper about Retention Policy:

I hope that solved your questions, if so, I’d appreciate your feedback/Like and mark this as “Best Answer”, please.

Thank you!

Alexandre

Hi @DHCole99,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.