Skip to main content

I am new to DocuSign and am learning my way around.  The company I work with has eSignature templates defined for their order forms.

Within the template framework, Is it possible to pull data from an external data source for data validation?  For example, the sales rep enters a product ID that then get validated, the product description is returned, and the associated template field is populated.

Thanks,

Joe

You would have to look at building this out in some kind of integration as it is pretty limited.

The best option would be something like a CRM or CPQ tool that would have the ability for the salesperson to generate the document then just use DocuSign to get it signed and returned.

Robert.

Hi Joe,

That would be a cool feature but it’s not available at the moment. What CRM is the sales team using?

As Robert suggested, this action should be handled CRM. And then the CRM uses DocuSign API to generate the envelopes. This way, sales reps don’t have to login to DocuSign errors in contracts are much less frequent.

1. Sales rep configures the items that need to go in the contract directly in the CRM
  2. DocuSign receives the data via an integration and generates the sales contract
  3. Signers sign the contract
  4. Signed docs get attached to the CRM

Hope this helps,

Sofian Saoudi,
Solusign Consulting - DocuSign Partner
Need help with DocuSign?
 🌎  www.solusign.com | 📧 sofian@solusign.com | 📺 Follow me on YouTube  

Thank you for the reply.  I suspected that might be the case.

Joe

Hello @Joe Wells ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, could you please click the "Accept as Solution" button at the bottom of the post? It helps other community members who might have similar questions.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!